Thursday, January 3, 2013

Much.

With Christmas over and the New Year started, I have lots to catch up on.  It wasn't the Christmas I'd imagined just a few long weeks ago, but it came and went, and we are thankfully left with the good memories of those adorable babies of mine amazed by the hibachi Christmas Eve dinner we had, opening all the gifts they received (WAY too many) , and enjoying all the attention and love our family gives them.  Because I wouldn't even know where to start or what to say about the unexpected death of my Dad and how it affected this holiday season for me, I'm just going to do what I did these past few weeks and focus on Leila and Bubby and their Christmas joy.


Bubby loves vacuums.




Mommy and her beautiful girl before the preschool Christmas program



So excited for her big night

My little shepard



The new obsession...spinning in the office chair.


You may remember visiting Santa at a mall in the middle of the food court, but nowadays you go to "Santa's Wonderland" at The Bass Pro Shop where there is a carousel to keep the kids busy while you wait!



Poor Natey didn't enjoy the visit with Santa...

But Leila was sure to tell Santa what both her and Natey wanted ("princess stuff" and a vacuum)...

 More spinning, different day


New tradition with Ama...what a perfect gingerbread house!


And an old tradition with Oma, Mommy, and Leila...



Bubs, unsure of what was going on, got in on the decorating action...




Pajama day at school!  She had so much fun bringing a stuffed animal, watching The Grinch in the school gym, eating popcorn, and making gingerbread houses.

 Relaxing with Oma

And Papa Chuck...


"The Christmas Express" minivan departed after bath one night and toured the area looking for outstanding Christmas lights.  

  


Morning puzzle time 



 Christmas Eve traditional cookie decorating at Ama and Papa's...
Bubs just ate the cookies...








Let the spoiling begin...

Fairy wings!

Princess dress!

Big boy opening his gifts...



Taking their first ride in their new wagon!

Dinner at the hibachi grill!

Putting out cookies for Santa...



Christmas morning!  Leila woke up and as usual called for me...I asked her what day it was and she said, "Is it a school day?"  After telling her it was finally the day she had been waiting for, she said, "No, I don't think so, but let's just check our stockings to see..."
(Note the paparazzi behind us.)

Just what she asked for!  Princess stuff!

Oh Christmas tree

And just what Bubba wanted too!

And how amazing...a puppy for Christmas too!  Thanks Papa P.

 Checking out his stocking goodies with his big red nose after an allergic reaction to the massive amount of shrimp he ate at Christmas Eve dinner.




 Later in the day...still cleaning with his vacuum...

More presents


Last day of 2012







And 2013 begins... 
Leila loves all the traditional Japanese food on New Year's

And playing with cousin Chloe!

Bubs enjoyed his first New Year's meal too...his favorite was the red bean and rice dish for good luck!

Leila can't get enough of Auntie Kristi...


As an eventful year comes to an end, I'm just so thankful that my kids are happy and healthy and enjoyed the Christmas season.  I already knew how much joy they bring me each day, but after a very difficult ending to the year, I have even more respect for how lucky I am to have them filling my life with such peace, love, and craziness.  
Happy New Year.






1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Love seeing all the pictures of the kids.

    ReplyDelete