Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sum Sum Summatime

Bubby's first 4th of July!

Summer continues here in our little corner of the world.  Leila continues to surprise us with all her intelligent banter, while also continuing to challenge us with her rapidly changing likes/dislikes, need for control/need to be taken care of...she's confusing to say the least, but damn cute (and smart and funny too.)  One minute she says, "I can do it myself, I'm a grown up;" to the next minute when she's crying/whining, "I'm a baby, carry me."  Makes my head spin just thinking about it!  It's truly amazing how quickly she is turning into a preschooler, with her advancing vocabulary and ability to express herself, as well as all the physical skills she is mastering, including taking her shoes off and on!  It seems like it was just yesterday that she was about to turn two, and here she is just a month away from THREE!  Unbelievable.


As for Natey, he is also growing and developing rapidly.  He is about to have his 9 month birthday, and is looking more like a 12 month old!  He is determined to crawl, and as found the army crawl to work best for now.  He is also starting to try and pull himself up on whatever is near, so I know it's time to do some "baby-proofing" around here.  In fact, we just spent part of our last weekend shopping for a Superyard...what is that you ask?...it's basically jail for babies.  It's a ridiculously large playpen that you can set up anywhere to keep your child from getting away and into something harmful (like Leila's teeny, tiny toys.)  I never thought I'd buy one, but hey, guess what, things change!  With Leila, our condo wasn't even big enough for her to crawl away from me; plus, there wasn't anything distracting me from watching her every move (and I did, just for fun), so with these factors having changed, and Natey being much more curious and brave than Leila was, I think this baby jail is going to be helpful.  Next up, the baby leash! (I kid now, but I'm not saying it couldn't happen!)

Anyhow, besides enduring this crazy heat wave for the past week, there isn't much to report.  Just trips to the park, backyard pool time, and the usual routines...


Happy 4th of July!!!







Bubby was feeling less than patriotic after he was woken up from his nap for the bike parade
P.S.  It was already 90 degrees at 10am!!!

View from the back of the parade


Leila and her friend Samantha enjoying some well deserved popsicles




Daddy and Leila at our neighborhood bike parade

Yay U.S.A.?
Celebrating the end of the bike parade


Running through the sprinkler with Papa!
Leila getting a good laugh out of Bubs
Helping Ama make a patriotic dessert





 The rest of our days lately consist pretty much of this...

Natey enjoys splashing in his bowl of water

Pure joy in the pool

Chillin in the nude (again)

Busy with her "baby" Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment