And so again, Leila's birthday is upon us. And again, I'm filled with those conflicting emotions that I seem to battle constantly as a mother. So sad and nostalgic for days gone by, but loving who she is now, and excited for another year ahead filled with more getting to know this sweet, smart, funny, beautiful little girl that I'm so blessed to call my daughter.
Stay tuned for the birthday celebration this coming weekend. And in the meanwhile, here's what we've been up to the past week or so. Oh and I suppose I should report that Leila has officially said her first swear word (though I'm certain she didn't know it was bad), and it was naturally used in the perfect context because she is a genius. It went something like this:
Me: Don't you want to dance to the music?
Leila: I don't like this f---ing music. It's terrible.
And that was that. Anyhow, on to the pics...
This past week was a little sad for us Ishikawas because our dear friends, Haven and Kevin (and little Anna) left us for muggier, buggier, days in Florida. After several years of friendship, they became part of our family when so generously looking after Leila her first year and a half, and they will be terribly missed by us.
| The girls at the Solomon Open afterparty |
| Leila and Anna "playing" together |
| She really cracks me up. Get it? |
| Natey and Everleigh (only 12 days apart) destined for love. |
Still ridiculously hot out; we have now gone to just being naked in the yard.
| Watering Daddy's grass seeds |
| Probably torturing Natey in some fashion... |
| Cutest almost three year old ever. |
The dynamic duo:
No comments:
Post a Comment