Thursday, April 19, 2012

Crazy for Panties

Sometimes I have those moments when I step outside my own body, watching and listening to myself, and thinking who is that crazy lady that looks like me?! During this potty training process I've noticed it a lot; mostly because I say a lot of things that people without kids might feel uncomfortable with...such as the chant Matt and I were doing a few days ago that went something like this, "Keep your panties dry, panties dry, panties dry, just keep your panties dry!" Or how about the fact that almost everyone we've seen this past two weeks has been thrown into a discussion about Leila wearing panties and then she, naturally, has to pull down her pants and show which ones she chose for the day. Then, there's the times when we wave goodbye to her poos as they swirl down the toilet, and the enthusiastic clapping that has to occur after each trip to the bathroom. I've also realized I've basically stopped using the terms bathroom and restroom, instead referring to it as "the potty"...even to adults...seriously?! Yes, I've found out big girl panties are quite a big deal in the world of mommyhood.


Natey working on his tripod sit...


Only a few days later and he's almost got it...


"Mom, you gonna help me out, or what?"



Fun at the zoo with Rowan




It's hard to snap a great picture of Leila anymore because she won't hold still and has something more important to do! This is a typical shot these days...



She will take time to pose as a princess though



Nathan's palate is maturing, as he now devours most of the foods I've introduced. I knew it wouldn't be long! Here he enjoys prunes.


Art with scissors




Big sister



Watching the big kids get off the bus...

3 comments:

  1. i love everything about this post :) it's funny to imagine matt getting so excited about poo poo in the potty! haha :) natey's getting so big... and that last pic of leila made me cry... pretty soon she'll be on a bus to school! make her stop growing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Lauren's comment - we must find a way to keep those little munchkins small - they truly are growing much too quickly. And, always so cute and precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the most adorable family! Happy to hear potty training is going well, you will have to tell me your secret.

    ReplyDelete