Sunday, September 25, 2011

Waiting for Baby...




The wait begins. As I enter my 37th week of pregnancy, we are all anxiously awaiting the moment my labor begins. It could be any day now! Are we ready, you may wonder? Yes and no...I mean we've done this before, so we should be ready, right? But it still feels like new territory because we have a 2 year old this time around, plus giving birth isn't exactly a walk in the park. I have no idea what to expect this time around as far as labor beginning, so most of my days are now spent wondering if it's going to start at any moment.

Not that it hasn't felt real prior to now, but this week really kicked the reality of a new baby joining us into high gear. I started my weekly doctor visits, in which I found out I'm 1 cm dilated and his head is down, so as the doctor said, "he's locked and loaded." In addition, my friends threw me a little shower at one of my favorite city restaurants, Cafe 28. It was surreal to see all the blue decorations and open gifts of blue and brown onesies and a "wee wee teepee." Having a boy seems so foreign, but I'm sooo excited to meet him!


Part of the tablescape


Me and the ladies at my shower...




Besides waiting for Nathan to arrive, we've been busy as usual. I signed Leila up for a pre-preschool class called "Terrific Twos" and we had our first day of school last week. She was so excited and loves it, looking forward to every Wednesday now.


Look how long her hair is getting! A real pony tail works now!



More pictures as Leila, Ariel, and I were about to run errands...



Matt and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary last weekend! How time truly flies. I doubt we could have imagined ourselves as the suburbanites and parents of (almost) two kids that we are today back on our wedding day, but we are so thankful for it all!



Lastly, this past week we had a friend of mine take some family photos of us. We met her down at one of our favorite parks in the city, right by our old condo. It seemed right to represent the three (almost four) of us one last time as city folk. Here are a few of my favorites!










1 comment: