Leila in her Snow White dress up outfit...how is she soooo cute?!!!
Leila and Daddy's new favorite activity!
32 weeks! My friend Kate and I are only one week apart!
Huge step for all of us...the big girl bed!
We decided we wanted to get Leila excited about her move to the new bed far enough ahead of Nathan's arrival so she didn't feel like she was getting booted from her crib (don't tell her, but really that's what's happening). Lucky for us (so far!) she is loving her new bed and still calling us to come get her when she wakes up!
Finger painting! What fun! What a mess!
Even in the blistering summer heat, Leila decided she just had to wear her boots. I'm choosing my battles and learning as I go!
With Leila's ever-growing vocab and more and more funny things coming out of her mouth, I think it's time I dedicate a section of each blog to "Funny and Clever Things Leila Said."
So..."Funny and Clever Things Leila Said" this past week or so (I know there are more, but my memory is less than good these days):
-Sometimes she asks if she can do something in the morning and I'll say, "maybe later, after lunch." Well, she caught on to this and now whenever I ask her to do anything at any point in the day she just looks at me and says, "Maybe later after lunch."
-Matt was doing a silly dance to distract her from getting washed up during her bath (this is now necessary since she resists baths like it's some kind of torture chamber), and Leila said, "Daddy, stop, get serious."
-I was helping her go potty on the toilet, when Matt came in and she said, "Daddy, go away, it's stinky."
-At her 2 year doctor appt. the doctor asked her what was in mommy's belly, and she said, "Baby." Then the doctor asked if it was a brother or sister and she said, "It's Nathan Thomas!" The doctor was very impressed!
2 Year Check Up Stats:
26 lbs.
35 1/2 in.
Perfect bill of health!
YAY for a new post!!! :) I love the bike thing she has with Matt... so cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd I think you should add this one to your "funny and clever things Leila says section": When Doug gave her the option of tickling her or giving him a kiss, she pulled away and said "NO Dougie! It's MY body!" :)