Monday, April 11, 2011

Elmo Strikes Again


Matt and I are about to lose our minds. Much of our lives, these days, is dictated by Elmo, but this...it's too much. We've handled watching "Elmo's World" daily, watching an uncountable amount of clips of Elmo singing on YouTube, taking the Elmo doll everywhere we go, and even pretending to be Elmo. But this newest obsession that Elmo has caused is pushing us to the edge of sanity (I'm not saying we were far from it in the first place). Thanks to Elmo and the folks at Sesame Street, Katy Perry has been introduced to our daughter. For those of you in the dark, Perry is the talentless, but popular, singer who was condemned for wearing too low cut of a shirt during her stint on Sesame Street. And definitely not exactly the kind of girl you want your daughter to look up to! Well, thanks to Elmo, Leila loves Katy Perry and if we aren't listening to a Katy Perry song, we are listening to Leila sing her version of a Katy Perry song. And this goes on constantly throughout the day. Every day. La, la, la, la, thanks Elmo.

As always, Leila is lucky she is cuter than the average 20 month old, so I look past her annoying obsession and continue to smother her with attention, praise, and photography.


See, I told you she is cuter than the average 20 month old.


I can't stop laughing at this picture! But is she mocking me and my growing belly? Totally possible.



Leila (sporting her ultra hip Pearl Jam onesie)and daddy listening to some morning tunes...yea, it was probably Katy Perry.



Silly Leila, trying on mommy's sweater



Yay, chocolate milk!

4 comments:

  1. Cracking up over that belly photo. She has a frightening seductive look too - biting her lip while grabbing her tummy. 'Get in my bellay!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is totally cuter than the average 20 month old (except Lola). I LOVE the picture of her "mocking" you. Can't wait to see you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that picture of leila mocking you is the exact face matt would make before doing a "mashed potato" on doug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Leila and Lola need to have a belly showdown. They could do it up sumo-style.

    ReplyDelete