The past week or so has flown by and I can't believe the Ishikawa family has only a month left in the city. Yes, it's true, we are making our way out to the burbs. Once again, we have been faced with a new understanding due to our experience as parents. In the past, I'd always judged and pitied those who made the same decision. But, after nearly two years of living in the city with a child and with another on the way, the city doesn't seem quite as cool as it used to. Yes, I'll miss walking to lots of things. And yes, I'll miss friends. Oh, and restaurants too. But, the list of things I won't miss is too long to include. So, I guess that is what ultimately led us to this decision and the many that have decided so before us. And although it has been stressful and exhausting, we find ourselves overwhelmed with happiness as we embark on this next chapter titled, "Suburbia."
In addition to being caught up in this whirlwind of preparing to move, life as usual goes on. Leila's sense of humor seriously has me laughing most of the day. She is quite a funny little girl! I guess with two wackos for parents, what should we expect?
This is about as far as we've come with potty training

First time trying corn on the cob! Duh, she loved it.


Easter morning with her Easter horsey

Ready for church with Papa and Ahma Ishi

The fam at Easter brunch

At brunch, Leila fell in love with the Easter Bunny, but only if Daddy was holding her...

Leila had so much fun on her Easter egg hunt, and was so sweet to share all her candy with the rest of us. Funny and sweet, what a great girl I have!




Tea party with Uncle Doug
awww i love it all. especially the tea party with uncle doug :) so cute. i wish i was there so leila could share some easter egg candy with me. there is no such thing here!
ReplyDelete