Wednesday, March 9, 2011

And Baby Makes...Four!

Well, if you haven't heard the news yet, Leila is going to be a big sister this fall! Looking at my profile picture of Leila and I when she was just a few hours old, it is hard to imagine starting over again with another little newborn, but its also amazingly joyful and exciting. Joyful is not a word I use lightly either...I mean when I think back to the beginning of Leila, that is the perfect word and one that I probably didn't use much before her. That's because joy is something that really takes over your heart and makes you feel drunk with love and happiness. Knowing what that feeling is all about already, it is easy to be excited to add another layer of that joy into my life. Motherhood is everything it's cracked up to be...scary, exhausting, hilarious, full-filling, and overwhelmingly joyful.


The first picture of the newest Ishikawa...


Fortunately, our little kumquat (that's the fruit a 10 week fetus is compared to)is looking healthy and just as he/she should. Unfortunately, I've been feeling like crappola for the past 5 weeks and counting. Thankfully we just returned from a great trip to Arizona, where I was pampered by my mommy and was distracted by friends and family who all joined us for some fun in the sun.

Pool time with Jaimie!




Lazy pool day





St. Patty's tradition



Loving bubbles


The sandbox was a real hit...




Showing off her cuteness at a family bbq



Refusing to sit in Uncle Nick's lap...



Not sure who was laughing harder at Mike's funny faces...



Enjoying Uncle Doug and Elmo



More fun in the sand





The weather took a turn, but Leila still enjoyed her time outdoors...



Thanks for a great time Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to be rewarded with a new entry on my third visit to your blog today. (I check your blog multiple times daily . . . no pressure though.)

    I had heard about the wonderful news a little bit ago and was just waiting for you to make your digital announcement. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for Leila. Oh, and you and Matt too. Not to mention the grands--oh and aunties and uncles too.

    Will be praying for a healthy pregnancy for you.

    Love, Auntie Karen

    ReplyDelete