We were taken down. The entire family. Just 24 hours, that's all it took.
I woke up Thursday morning to find the normal happy, smiley, excited for the day, Leila that I always find, only she was surrounded by orange vomit. I didn't really worry about it and just cleaned it up. Later in the morning, Leila produced some nasty diarrhea (don't worry, no pictures this time), so I started to think maybe something she ate didn't agree with her. It wasn't until about 5:00 Friday night that I realized The Plague had entered our home. For you LOST fans, it kinda felt like what would happen if that black smoke swept through your house. By 9:00 Friday night, Matt and I were both curled into balls in agony.
Saturday morning, Grandma Ish called only to find us deteriorating. She kindly offered to come take Leila off our hands and took her for an overnight visit. Little did she know, The Plague cannot be stopped. While Matt and I spent the entire day holding our stomachs and sleeping, The Plague was moving into Grandma and Grandpa Ish's house. With Leila back home and Matt and I starting to feel better, we find out that Grandma and Grandpa Ish started feeling the same symptoms just as they were landing in Arizona for some R and R. We couldn't believe how fast it was spreading!
The bottom line:
1. Thank goodness for Grandparents!
2. Matt and I are on the mend (although still not quite right).
3. Leila would probably call us all wimps if she could, as she seemed to handle The Plague better than any of us adults.
4. (Again for you LOST fans) I am going to surround my house with that stuff that looks like cat litter so the black smoke can't get in again.
You'll thank me that there are no pictures from this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment