Friday, March 26, 2010

First Vacation, Check.

So another first has come and gone. Our first vacation with Leila was a total success and soooo much fun! I'm actually quite depressed it is over. Remember how happy I was coming back from our NYC trip? Yeah, well when the whole fam is together, it makes coming back to reality A LOT more difficult. Oh woe is me...7 whole days in the sun with friends and family has come to and end.

After 4 fun days with friends in town, our vacation became all about relaxing with Leila. She really had her schedule going in full swing and was thoroughly enjoying the several hours a day we spent outside. I actually think the fresh air made her smarter. Does that sound crazy? Probably. I'm one of THOSE parents now. But really, by the end of our stay she had mastered sitting up, holding her own bottle, and raising her arms on command (sort of).

Showing off her new skills...









Here is a glimpse of a day in life of Leila on vacation:

Swinging with Gma


Family pool time


Chuckling with Grandpa Chuck


Relaxing with Dad


Grandma and Leila enjoying bath time


Eric bought Leila a Sox tee...Daddy is confused.



They tried to get us to leave her with them...

1 comment:

  1. you know what mom's gonna say when leila lifts her hands now, don't you? HANDS UP IN THE PEPPER POT, NINE DAYS OLD!!!!!

    don't let her get to your baby. stay strong.

    ReplyDelete