Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Hello There Little Lady

Still makes me smile, thinking of that night almost a year ago, when Dr. Martin announced that the baby I'd been carrying was a girl, my Zoe Ann (aka Zip, Pip, Spicy Meatball, Zo Zo, Annie, Zozee, Chucha...the list goes on.) Time with kids is always such a crazy thing because it all goes by so fast, and yet slow, and although Zoe is unbelievably turning one this weekend, I can't imagine life without knowing her.  It's funny thinking of that first night in the hospital with her; Matt and I listening to her cry and thinking "whoa, this girl is fiery."  And yep, she sure is!  Her spunk showed in the insane amount of time she spent crying as a newborn, then as a stubborn infant who didn't want to be put down or sit in a stroller, as the tough little cookie who will not be messed with by anyone (even if they are bigger!), and now as this baby who lights up a room with her laughter, her passion for playing with Leila and Nathan, and her excitement in eating.  She has this special energy that I can't quite explain, and although I didn't know I needed it in my life, I did...we all did.  Thanks for a great year Zoe...Happy Birthday to my little lady!

Some of my favorites from this year:

Home and snuggly 

Love the way Leila is looking at Zoe here.  The love they share makes my heart melt.

Look at that face!

Always a special time for me...two babies and their babas in the morning.

Summer fun

Family selfie

Naked baby

Happy, wet baby

 Self kissies

Excited food face

 "I'm standing Mom!"

Her main source of drinking water

 Leaves, leaves, leaves, and baby

Observing

That's the light up the room smile!


 Pulling ornaments off the tree is so fun.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, sweetie - Zoe does light up a room with that twinkly BIG smile. It warms my heart to see that Leila and yes, even Natey love her so much. Your family is complete and perfect.
    I love you all SO much!

    ReplyDelete