You'd think I wouldn't need to pick up a "how to" baby book.
You'd think.
Oh, but, you'd be wrong! What I do know is that this newborn stage is never easy regardless of how many times you've been through it. But knowing that doesn't help get you more sleep. And it doesn't somehow give me octopus arms so I can accomplish everything I want/need to! And so, I continue to "play it by ear," each day, each hour, and hope everyone survives another day!
I was really tested this past month as I tried to enjoy all the holiday festivities, while also dealing with lack of sleep, breastfeeding woes, a sick 3 week old, and a deep freeze that kept us all indoors for several days in a row. Never a dull moment!
Catching up on pics since Zoe's arrival...
Facetime with the big sister and big brother a few minutes after Zoe was born! Isn't technology amazing?! They were singing "Happy Birthday" to her.
Adoring sister
On one of our many doctor visits during her first few weeks. She ended up with an ear infection and cough at just 3 weeks old!
I call this series..."Zoe likes to sleep"
Leila at her Christmas program
(mom of the year forgot to have her spit her gum out,
so she was chomping it throughout the entire program!)
Natey wasn't so impressed with the performances
Do you want to build a snowman?
Loving on their sister
Wearing Papa Chuck's shoes...
Zoe, not so sure about her first bath...
Annual Cookie Baking with Oma!
Christmas Eve
Zoe and I stayed behind while the big kids and Matt went to Ama and Papa's for cooking decorating...
Daddy and his girls
My little Christmas elf
Ama brought over a special cake to celebrate Jesus' birthday
Reading a new book
Girls in their red dresses!
Oma and her newest grandbaby
Bubba watching Polar Express
Christmas!
Santa delivered the kitty Leila asked for!
Bubba organized his stocking stuff after opening it all...
My three babies
Yes, that is a hammer Bubba is holding over Leila's head.
Christmas Brunch
A relaxing day was had by all...
What a great Christmas we all had! To end the day, Daddy snuggled up for a book.
Reading to the baby
Listening to big brother
Gigi meets Zoe!
Three generations of girls
Mama and big and little
Enjoying her bath more at 3 weeks
Another series of Zoe sleeping, only this time it is on people...
And here we are, party of five. Okay, six, counting Bob.
That's a wrap on a great year! I can't believe that just over four years ago I was nobody's mommy, and here I am with a whole gaggle of children! Matt and I are as happy as ever (also more tired than ever), and so proud to have such a beautiful family. I am still clueless most of the time as a parent, but I think playing it by ear is actually working out okay.
you're a great momma, aim! i look up to you and love you very much!!!
ReplyDelete