Saturday, February 2, 2013

Growing Up

I know, I know, I've said it a million times before...but hey, it's Groundhog's Day, and seemingly fitting to repeat myself again!  GEEEEEZ time goes too fast when you have kids.  I remember writing a post last year on this day about how everyday as a mom kind of seems like the same day over and over, but even so, in this past year so much has changed.  It seems like just a few months back and Leila was moving into her "big girl bed" and picking out her Minnie Mouse sheets for the toddler bed...now here we are moving her into a real big girl bed!  And Bubby, man what a change he has gone through in the past month...he is fast becoming a little person with opinions, favorites, and quite a personality.  Sometimes I get really overwhelmed with how fast time is moving and I panic thinking I'm not taking in every second because we are busy, or I have to clean, make dinner, or maybe because I'm annoyed with one of them.  I guess all I can do is take each day, each milestone, each fun and chaotic moment as it comes and enjoy them all before the next day, milestone, moment is here.  I love that this blog gives me that chance to reflect every few weeks on all those great memories we are making as a family.  So, here's a reflection on these past couple of weeks with my two babes that are quickly growing up.


The real deal big girl bed!


Practicing sleeping in the new bed (while Bubba enjoys a topless Ariel...)





Big boy brushing his teeth

One of my favorite moments with Leila happened last week when Matt surprised us and took his girls to Disney on Ice!  I never thought an ice show could be so much fun!  Leila was in awe and watching her take in the new experience and react with such pure delight was such a joy for Matt and I.  (I seriously almost cried several times, that's how sappy I've become...)






Dinner time is rough time for me (one of those annoying moments I referenced prior!)  To make it a little easier I've found that strapping my 26 lb. big boy to me while cooking make him happy.  So...here we are!


Bub loves Bob.

Hello.  

Doing some cooking on his own...

How about that for a sweet smile?


Not only are changes bountiful at our house, but we helped Ama celebrate a big change this past week too...retirement!

Bubs enjoying a plate of sausage

Leila thinks she totally grown up now, so here she is drinking out of a regular water glass and squeezing in some lemon.  She seriously will pout endlessly if a server dares to think she would want a child's cup now.


And then there's this classy guy.  (This one's for Papa P...)

With only a big sister to model his behavior after, Bubba ends up playing with a lot of princess dolls and wearing random princess head pieces.  Matt is not happy.


Finally, a snow worth bundling up for!






















Bubba's first experience of snow!


 Sledding!


1 comment:

  1. your posts always make me cry. can't believe how big they are getting. and so fast! i feel like so much has changed since i've been home! counting down the days til we're all reunited again! :)

    ReplyDelete