Okay, so I have to make a confession. After I had Leila I wondered how in the world I would love another child as much as I love her. I had this thought throughout my entire pregnancy, even knowing the love a mother feels for her baby already, but still there was this bit of uncertainty that it would be the same with a second child. The moment Nathan was born I knew that it was possible. But what I didn't know was how different I would love them. I don't know how to explain it really, but I think the reason it's possible to love all your children the same amount is because you love them differently. There will always be this special bond between Leila and I because she was my first, my girl, my little buddy who I've been so blessed to spend lots of one on one time with; but now there's Natey, my little stinky man, who I already feel a special bond with, and only time will tell how it will grow. For now, I'm feeling myself falling in love all over again. Man, how lucky am I?!
A few photos from the past week...
Leila trying on Oma's glasses
An exciting first New Year's Eve for Nate
Who loves my new iPhone more...me or Leila?
We went to a post-holiday party this past week. All the girls (about 2 1/2 years old) had a gift exchange, while Natey (3 months) and Iris (4 months) just chilled out. As always, Leila's favorite part of a party is the food.
Leila is fast on her way to becoming a movie aficionado...well at least with regards to Disney movies. Besides watching the movies, she also enjoys taking all the cases off the organizer. Over and over again.
"Do you smell what the Natey boy is cookin'?"
***More pics I forgot to add with the original post!
Leila surprised me one day after getting into my purse!
Leila doing her thing...
Natey, 3 months, doing a good job holding his head up!
ahhhhh, i love this post. i need to hold the lil stinker!!!
ReplyDeleteCant believe how quickly Natey boy is growing and how grown up Leila looks these days. Love them both so much!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so right, Marsha, with these two beautiful grandchildren of ours growing so fast! And, I miss and love them so very much. Some of those pics were taken when we were there - we couldn't believe the lipstick on Leila - she actually did a great job!
ReplyDelete