Saturday, October 16, 2010

Life According to Leila



Try to imagine life as a 14 month old. I try everyday, and it's hard. Hard to imagine, not actually hard to be a 14 month old...although what do I know, I can't remember that far back and Leila can't exactly explain it to me. But I imagine that having nothing causing stress or distracting you from the pure joy that comes from all the new and not-so-new, but still exciting things that happen each day...that's life according to Leila.

For example, every single day we leave and come back home, Leila is thrilled to see the Halloween decorations in our neighbor's yard. It's mandatory to go over and touch the two spiders and pull on the giant web...and every time it is just as great to Leila.





Without knowing that cleaning isn't really thought of as a very fun activity, Leila finds total enjoyment in it! I didn't even try to show her what to do, she just learned from watching me, and now is mommy's little helper...

Dusting, what fun.


Here Leila decided to use a diaper wipe to polish up her dresser...


Looking like a French maid in the silly bow I tried in her hair...




We have been spending tons of time outside lately because the weather has been perfect. Leila loves to find piles of dirt/sand/rocks/bark...you get the idea...and scooping, throwing, eating whatever it may be. Now throw leaves in the mix and she's in some kind of utopia for babies.

With the sandbox too crowded, Leila finds a nice dirt pile nearby to dig in...


Peek-a-boo!


My big girl


Watching the big kids play ball...





As you've seen through the videos, Leila's walking skills are in full effect. This has led to a lot more chasing on my part! She gets such a thrill testing her limits...and mine.

New favorite activity...escaping from bathtime!



Oh, and in case you wondered...her love and interest in Bob has not wavered...




Mid-Week Addendum
I totally forgot to post pictures from music class! Here is Leila doing her thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment