Sunday, October 24, 2010

Another Week Gone By...

Each week faster than the last. This week we were busy with our usual music class, a mom's group meetup, and Leila enjoyed a special day with Grandma and Grandpa Ish at the Arboretum. In addition, we were challenged by a very social Saturday that our sweet and shy Leila wanted nothing to do with! She spent most of the day stone-faced and cranky. The night that followed our social Saturday was no better as Leila decided to kick it old school and wake up crying every 2 hours! I think we are pretty spoiled by such a great girl, so a strange day and night like that felt very challenging to both Matt and me. But, even with a few frustrating moments and a sleep-deprived weekend, Leila managed to charm our socks off today while we lounged around and had a lazy football Sunday.

As usual, this week Leila grew more adorable and is becoming even more aware of life around her. She now has a "vocabulary" of about 20 words (and I use the term vocabulary loosely because although Matt and I know what she is saying, I'm not sure everyone would...), she is mimicking more and more of our actions (time to be careful what we say and do!), and her desire to do things independently continues to grow.




Pics from the week (not including any from Saturday!)...


Leila with adoring grandparents


Playing peek-a-boo with Gpa and Gma




So interested in the caterpillar!




Such a happy girl


Still a merry maid!


Sharing her water with Elmo...




Uh oh! She discovered boogies! Yea, I just used the word boogies.




Eating lunch on football Sunday...touchdown!



Big girl eating lasagna with her fork...


Finishing the bite with help from her hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment