As May begins and the end of the school year lies just weeks away, I am doing a lot of reflecting (read: crying), and saying "time flies." How can Leila be a first grader?! Watching her transform this year into such an independent and social little girl has been such a joy and makes me so proud. As I've said tons of times before, there are always endless reasons why I love the kids getting older...but it also makes me panic a little...like, am I enjoying it enough, am I embracing enough, am I going to remember enough? I hope so.
And meanwhile, as I tear up daily about Leila moving up a grade, I've got Natey and Zoe changing rapidly too! Nathan has totally dominated (yea, I'm biased) his first year at pre-preschool and I have no doubt he will do amazing next year in the real deal preschool. Seriously, that kid is so smart...he can do some of things Leila does in Kindergarten! And, he has grown socially too...coming home each Tuesday after school talking about his "friends." His teacher is always telling me how helpful he is and how on top of the whole daily schedule he is, saying he could probably teach the class! So proud of him. (Of course at home, he isn't quite the peach he is at school...can you say Terrible Threes?!)
And then there is spicy Zoe Ann. Someone who just met her the other day called her "intense." That is a pretty perfect description of my baby girl who is less baby and more toddler these days. She is running around trying to do everything the big kids do; she is fearless, passionate, charming, sweet, and all around adorable. Her smile lights up the room; her "hi" and "bye" makes strangers swoon; she is always making the whole family laugh with her silliness. The energy that little girl has is endless and her spirit makes my heart happy. (And that spirit also can drive me totally insane with frustration!)
There is so much more to say about each of these gems, but I gotta get some pics on here too...so here's the highlight reel!
Best friends one minute, nemesis the next
Annual Daddy Daughter Dance
More snow...
(Bubba only likes to go in the snow in order to get the hot chocolate that comes after)
Cousin love
Auntie Lauren treats Leila to her first real manicure!
Leila's class celebrating the 100th day of school
Baby Keiko Joy joins the family!
Celebrating Daddy's 35th with sushi
This girl loves to dress up
First tooth lost!
Lucky me.
At the school carnival
Bubba gets a big bed!
Glimpse of spring...
Happy St. Paddy's Day!
Riverwalk laughs
Annual AZ trip begins!
Happy Easter!
So much fun in the AZ sun! We never wanted to leave!
Back to reality, but at least it is Spring!
Superhero Soccer
Spring rain
My girls
First Ice Cream Truck of the season! They heard the music coming down the street and ran faster than I've ever seen them move!
Post Girl Scout meeting
Soccer stud
Soccer can be glamorous
Something here isn't right....
Math night at school
Spring fun
Celebrating her summer birthday at school!
Feels like summer
Mother's Day with my crew
And that's a wrap for now! Excited for summer adventures to begin!














































































No comments:
Post a Comment