
As I enter my 17th week of pregnancy (eek!), and Leila turns 21 months old (double eek!), we have found ourselves deep in the midst of packing for our move and somewhat out of our usual rhythms. Last week, I lost my Grandpa P., nearly 94 years old. He was my last living grandparent, and one hell of a great guy. I learned even more about just what a fantastic guy he was after going to Seattle this past weekend for his memorial service, which actually turned out to be more like a celebration of his life rather than a mourning of his death. I think it just reflected the kind of man my grandpa was; positive and fun-loving. I heard from so many people at the service, many that I'd never met, how happy he had made them and how much he adored his family and would brag about all of us (whether we deserved to be bragged about or not!) Although our visits over the past several years have been limited to about once a year, Grandpa always sent me little notes in the mail, and just knowing he was there reading the paper, watching golf, working in his yard, or enjoying happy hour with my Dad, made me feel close to him. This trip home was obviously not intended to be a joyous occasion, but the funny thing is, I think Grandpa P. was somehow there pulling his strings, leaving us to realize how great it is to have each other as family, and that we can still laugh together even in tough times. Thanks Grandpa P. I love you.
(Sorry if this leaves anyone crying, but I have a feeling the pictures to follow will leave you smiling...)
Early in the week...
Picture pose!
Trying on her bowl as a hat, naturally.
Playing dress-up with pearls
Bath time, silly time
Cheeeese!
Helping mommy with birthday candles...
Weekend in Seattle...
The weekend's entertainment
Auntie Kelsey and Uncle Mike enjoying their visit with Leila
Lap time with Uncle Nick
Papa P. and Leila enthralled with Elmo

Blowing weeds with Uncle Mike
Daddy helping Leila with her swing
Miss Little League
Matt caught a big fish!
This past weekend I also celebrated Mother's Day for the second year! I couldn't be more proud or happy to have such an amazing daughter to share the day with!
No comments:
Post a Comment