Sunday, January 2, 2011

In One Year, Out the Other

After a week filled with work, sickness, and uncommonly warm temps (50 degrees in December...what?!), the Ishikawa clan rang in 2011. Actually, I should say we fell asleep in 2010 and woke up in 2011 because all three of us were asleep for the "ringing in" of the New Year. However, we were well rested and ready to make another go of Matt's extended family's traditional New Year celebration.

If you were to look back at my blog entry from last New Year's Day, you'd see that Leila didn't really enjoy the New Year party (for the matter, Matt and I didn't really either) as she was suffering from what we called "stranger anxiety" at the time. Whatever is was, she has been cured and this year we all were able to enjoy hanging out with family and eating a ridiculously huge and delicious feast. Although being with family is fun, everyone knows the main draw to the party is the food...

Ready to get to the party...Leila gets her dance on!


Leila's first New Year's feast!


Trying to escape from her Great Grandpa and Great Great Uncle Paul...



Hanging out with someone her own age...



Happy New Year with mommy...


And daddy...



The rest of the weekend, we just relaxed at home...

Eating one of her favorite meals...Mac and Cheeeese!



Playing with her new magnets...one set for the fridge, one for the washer!


Carefully examining one of her magnets


Trying to show off her bunny magnet...


Sadly this pic turned out blurry, but I had to include it! How happy is she?!!

2 comments:

  1. i love the one of her examining the magnets!!! what a PRETTY face! i just wanna vacuum it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your New Years sounds like ours. I love the picture of her getting her groove on. I think there needs to be a dance off with her & Lola!

    ReplyDelete